- Don’t delay making the ask
- Batch e-mails in groups of five to ten
- Don’t apologize
- Send to individuals
- Send yourself a blind copy
To which Melissa Weigel added a sixth tip.
6. Proof read
- “If this email is a fundraising request, do you provide any other helpful authentication features (e.g., a Charity Navigator rating)?
- “Have you checked against a larger communication schedule to make sure these audiences are being contacted at regular intervals and aren’t over-mailed or under-mailed?
- “Do you have auto-respond emails ready for anyone who responds or takes an action?”