Convio, the consulting firm, has found that some nonprofits are succeeding in their fundraising efforts by adopting multiple channels of communication with donors.
A report, based on an in-depth study of 123 nonprofits, has been released, and a copy of that report may be found here.
Convio says the key findings of the study are:
- “There is broad consensus that an integrated approach makes sense.
- “Organization size and integrated marketing sophistication do not correlate.
- “Online marketing’s contribution varies greatly.
- “Systems, technology, and leadership to support integration are integral to success.
- “The right metrics are critical.”
Wikipedia defines multi-channel marketing as “the coordination and integration of all marketing communication tools, avenues, functions and sources within a company into a seamless program that maximizes the impact on consumers.” Presumably, in the nonprofit world, that would mean “on donors.”
The many channels of communication would include direct mail, social media, texting, phone and e-mail.