Whether or not 2011 was a good fundraising year for your organization, you’ll be thinking about what to make of 2012. Convio has a list of 10 “common sense” steps–call them resolutions, if you like–to help your efforts in the new year.
The guide for sustained growth in 2012 includes these steps:
- Capture e-mail addresses of your offline donors.
- Use multiple communication channels.
- Get to know your donors.
- Segment donors and prospects into groups for different pathways.
- Be transparent with your communications.
- Promote sustained giving through pledges.
- Optimize your homepage.
- Create targeted website content.
- Make e-newsletter more engaging.
- Tap into power of social media marketing.
Click here for more on these steps.
MVDP will address several of these steps with presentations on Building Relationships with Major Gift Donors on Feb. 23, Marketing: A Critical Tool for Development on April 26, Annual Giving: Building a Sustainable Future on Sept. 27 and Identifying Your Best Donor Prospects on Oct. 25.