Here’s a list of ten concepts that will challenge board members to make 2012 even more successful than earlier years for your nonprofit.
Gail Perry offered them in a post today. She wrote, “Board members: If you do these, you’ll set an example and be a “spark plug” for your organization. And you’ll also help make the world a better place through your favorite nonprofit.”
- Get more engaged.
- Have a bias towards action.
- Think big.
- Be optimistic, no matter what.
- Go back to your vision over and over and over.
- Be the catalyst; be the provocateur.
- Make your own proud, personal gift to support your organization.
- Support the staff.
- Introduce 10 of your friends to your cause.
- Be a sneezer and spread your organization’s viral news wherever you go.
The bottom line, she says, is:
- Don’t be bystander.
- Don’t waste your time in meaningless meetings and committees.
- Make your service on the board meaningful. Make a difference.