Whether or not one decides to pay for a Fundraising Fundamentals course in how to treat donors well, we can all benefit from the four reasons to enroll.
Network for Good says you “need this course,” because:
1. SURVIVAL: The number one reason that donors stop supporting a nonprofit is the way they were treated by the nonprofit. They complain about lack of thank-yous and reporting on the difference they made. So we need a great acknowledgement program.
2. SUCCESS: Your gratitude helps bond a donor to your cause. It’s good fundraising practice.
3. DIFFERENTIATION: We’ll be honest. Most nonprofits are terrible at thanking and keeping donors! If you’re good, you are going to stand out. Be the best organization at saying thank-you and you’ll be seen as truly special.
4. MANNERS: Saying “thanks” often and well is simply the right thing to do. Ask any etiquette expert.
The $129 course takes about three hours, and you pace yourself. At the end, the participant should have:
- A donor acknowledgement plan
- A calendar and checklist to keep you on track all year
- A model thank-you for your donors
To register for the course, go here.