Just in time for your return from spring break, here is a list of 10 things you can do before summer to give your fundraising efforts a pick-me-up.
Gail Perry expands on them in her blog today. Here’s the summary:
- Organize a thank-a-thon for your donors.
- Plan visits with your top 20 current donors.
- Rewrite your thank-you letter to make it more warm and personal.
- Create a campaign for lapsed donors.
- Rewrite your solicitation letter to make it all about the donor.
- Plan visits with your top 20 major gift prospects just to bring them up to date.
- Update your online donation form.
- Add the chart “Your Gifts at Work” to your web site and your newsletter.
- Block off two days a week for the next three months to make visits with donors.
- Plan a party to honor your founders, former board members, former capital campaign donors to bring them back into the fold.