Despite all the chatter about Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media tools, you can’t beat email for communicating with your donors.
“Clearly,” says Pamela Grow in her report, Nonprofit Email Marketing Secrets, “email is the ‘social’ tool of choice for most.” Why, she asks, aren’t more nonprofit organizations using email to connect with donors?
“Email is a fast, easy and inexpensive way to build direct relationships with your organization’s donors and fans. And it can be effortlessly incorporated into your organization’s communication plan.”
She offers several simple steps to better results using email:
- Locate an email service provider (ESP).
- Create an e-news sign-up on your home page.
- Offer a compelling reason for supporters to sign up.
- Thank people for subscribing.
- Communicate regularly and establish a schedule.
- Feature human stories, not corporate jargon
- Use good headlines.
- Engage subscribers.
- Integrate email with social media and direct mail.
Read more about these suggestions in her Secrets report. It is saved for you here.