That’s the assessment of Ghazal Vaghedi, who comes from San Francisco April 16 to present “Best Practices for Building a Successful Online (Crowdfunding) Fundraising Campaign.”
Ghazal is vice president for digital philanthropy at razoo.com, a firm that specializes in online fundraising. razoo.com is the company that helped Willamette Valley Development Officers and 75 Portland-area nonprofits develop a Giving Tuesday site last fall.
Her presentation will be at the Central Willamette Community Credit Union in Albany from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Please note the time, as it is out of the ordinary for MVDP programs.
She said, “We’ll go over:
- Essentials for your campaign;
- Determining rewards and donation tiers;
- Activating your ambassadors;
- Crafting a compelling story and using technology to tell your story;
- New donor cultivation strategies after your campaign; and
- Opportunities to participate as part of bigger giving events that can help boost your organization.
“There will also be opportunity for small group discussion and Q&A. Bring your ideas and get feedback from the presenter and your peers.”
A light lunch will be available.
For a Blackbaud discussion about “crowdfundamentals,” click here.
Registration for this event is accessible at the MVDP website here.
Season-pass holders have already paid for the event. Non-pass holders and guests are welcome. The fee is $35, if registered by April 14, or $45 at the door.